Total Pageviews

Saturday 5 January 2013

Strawberry Cake with piped White Chocolate Buttercream icing



Forgot to photograph this cake at home, but here is a picture of my lovely friend Christine with the cake I made for her birthday. The Cake itself was a victoria sponge made with the all in one method, but with the addition of 250g of finely chopped strawberries mixed through before baking the filling between the two layers was strawberry jam and sliced strawberries. For the icing I made a white chocolate buttercream, this was a good consistency for piping, but I think I paid the price for not sifting the sugar as the nozzle was blocked a couple of times. This was really my first attempt at piping after getting new piping bags and nozzles for Christmas, and I was reasonably pleased with it. I covered the whole cake with a layer of icing, then piped flowers on the top and covered sides with grated white chocolate. I sliced four slices into a whole strawberry, then fanned it out a little to use for decoration. The final touch was to use my icing sugar sifter with a little added edible gold glitter to make it just a little more special. Happy Birthday Christine!

No comments:

Post a Comment