Total Pageviews

Sunday 6 January 2013

Vanilla Shortbread

I love this recipe, maybe a little bit too much!!

The recipe comes from BBC Good Food, and always turns out a good result.


http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1172/vanilla-shortbread-dough

They have neglected to include cooking times and temperatures though, but I bake at 180/gas  4/fan 160 for about 11 mins.

A tip I have for ensuring an even thickness for all biscuits, and therefore a good bake  is to roll out the dough using guides at the side, I use 2 hard plastic drinking straws, and rolling the rolling pin along these with the dough in between works very well.

Here is a picture of my Shortbread, with my usual liberal dusting of icing sugar!

A great use for this Shortbread is as a gift, who wouldn't want to receive a jar of delicious Shortbread? Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment